Thursday, August 15, 2019

I'm BAAACCCKKK....

Trash Panda


I’M BAAACCCKKKK….


In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been gone from this blog for several months.  I have several excuses and even a few good reasons which I might share with you at a later date, but the important thing is that I’m back.  I know you’ve missed me and if you haven’t please don’t tell me.  Let me wallow in self-delusion.
I think it was John Lennon or maybe Vladimir Lenin or somebody else who said, “Life is what happens when you have other plans.”  If that’s the case, I have been living life to the fullest for the last few months. As I said, I won’t go into details but I will say that Emory Hospital in Atlanta has the worst food in their cafeteria that I have had in a long time. I think they do it for two reasons.  First, if you have to eat there because you are visiting or have a loved one in the hospital, you will never visit again and take up a parking space that costs as much as a brain transplant or eating there will make you sick and they have a place for you.  And did I mention the couch they have that if you are spending the night you are supposed to sleep on?  I spent 26 years in the Infantry sleeping in some God-awful places, even spending one night in an open grave (another story for another time) and I slept better than I did on their couch.  If the CIA got one of them they would never have to even consider waterboarding again.  But that’s life.
And another thing. I have so many holes in my shoes from shooting myself in the foot that when it rains I almost drown. The latest hole you ask?
I attended a writer’s conference in Key West, Fl two years ago where I did a workshop.  I couldn’t go this year, see above, but they sent me a nice email saying they were having a writing contest.  The winner got a free conference, a trophy and most especially, a publishing contract.  All you had to do was send in the first 750 words of a COMPLETED (there’s a reason for the caps) novel by a certain date.  Like most writers, I have several versions of unpublished works, so I pulled one out, dusted off the first 750 and sent it in.  Do you see where this is going yet?  I didn’t hear anything by the deadline so I proceeded to forget about it…..until…email: Congratulations.  You won third place etc. etc.…send us the rest of the novel so we can edit and publish it.  The REST of the novel…but…but…I scrambled around for several day, cutting and pasting from the several drafts I had and sent them a publishable manuscript.  My foot is just now healing from that gunshot. But I know I’ll do something like that again.  It’s in my DNR. (see earlier blog).
Bottom line. I’m back and I’ll keep making mistakes, occasionally doing the right thing at the right time, dragging things up from the past, making observations and if everything else fails I’ll just make something up to keep the blog going.  
Thanks for your interest and keep moving.  It’s harder to hit a moving target…but not always.

All Books Available @ amazon.com/author/paulsinor

Check out my Latest "That Old Black Magic" Available Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2019 Telly Award Winner

Feature films have the Oscar.  Television has the Emmy.   Films straight to DVD have the Telly. This is the 2019 People’s Choice Award ...